FINDING THE CMII BUILDING
The Creative Media Industries Institute is at the southern end of Woodruff Park on the downtown Atlanta campus of Georgia State, at the corner of Edgewood and Park Place avenues. The main CMII entrance faces the park and is accessed through main revolving doors (a building digital monitor with information is positioned between the doors).
Parking for CMII is in a deck behind 25 Park Place, the Georgia State T-Deck. The main entrance to the T-Deck is on Auburn Avenue. The GPS for the parking deck is 43 Auburn Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30303-2523. Contact James Amann, 404-413-4813, for assistance with parking. He can arrange free parking for scheduled meetings that connect you to CMII work.
Once parked in the T Deck, exit onto Auburn Avenue, turn left and walk 30 yards toward the Woodruff Park fountains. You will be walking west. You will see the Highland Bakery, which is in the lobby of the building that houses the CMII offices.
The CMII mailing address is Creative Media Industries Institute, College of Arts and Sciences, Georgia State University, 25 Park Place NE, Suite 219, Atlanta, Ga., 30302-5060.
KEY STUDIO & LAB LOCATIONS:
- eSports Training Lab, CMII 215
- Exhibition (main screening room and event space), CMII 306
- Focus Group Research Lab, CMII 231
- Media Entrepreneurship Center, CMII 201
- Media Makerspace, CMII 230
- Post-production edit suites (digital and audio), “The Bridge,” CMII 220
- Production studio, CMII 101
- Production control room, CMII 103
- Project labs, CMII 112, 214, and 206
- Research Labs, CMII 302, 312 and 325
- Training rooms, CMII 211 and 215
- Vault (game play space), CMII 108
- VR Cave, CMII 109
- VR Demo Lab, CMII 110
FACULTY & ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES
CMII faculty and administrative offices are on the second floor of the connected 26-story College of Arts and Sciences office tower. After entering the main tower lobby (the lobby is park facing and includes a Highland Bakery) take the elevator to the second floor.
- David Cheshier (Academic Director), 205, 25 Park Place, 404-413-5649
- Candice Alger (Professor of Practice), 210, 25 Park Place
- Kay Beck (Emeritus Associate Professor), 207, 25 Park Place
- James Martin (Professor of Practice), 212, 25 Park Place
- Sheldon Schiffer (Professor), 217, 25 Park Place
- Elizabeth Strickler (Senior Lecturer), 208, 25 Park Place
- Ying Zhu (Associate Professor), 215, 25 Park Place
The main CMII conference room (“ThinkTank”) is room 211 in 25 Park Place.
LEAD CONTACTS BY CREATIVE SECTOR
- Film & TV Production: Beck / Schiffer
- Game Design: Schiffer / Zhu
- Immersive World Creation (VR/AR): Alger / Martin
- Media Entrepreneurship: Strickler
- Media Maker Space: Strickler
- Music industries: Edwards